Skip to main content

How to cure that HANGOVER

Hello Everyone!

So we've all said 'oh I'm not gonna get that drunk tonight'... then a bottle of wine, 2 trebs and a whole array of bev you can't remember you've drank later, you're on the floor puking your guts out in the smoking area of the club, with your best mate laughing and taking videos of you. Yeah we've all been there, and it only ends up one way; with a throbbing headache the next day, regretting your life decisions, and a corker of a hangover that feels like the END. Do not panic! In this post, I'm gonna share with you my five ways to get you feeling your usual perky self again!

Step 1: Have a drink

There's nothing better than a cold pint of water when you wake up dehydrated after a night of drinking. When I'm hungover, Lucozade always seems to sort me out (forget the bottles, the cans are wayyy better!). A cup of tea is never a bad shout either hehe.

Step 2: Go to the loo for a number 2

Think this goes without saying.

Step 3: Have a shower

I always feel absolutely grim after a night out, and for some reason I end up covered in mud, especially my ankles! My hair always feels proper sticky too from everyone's drinks flying around! I always like to shower with something extra fruity to put me back in high spirits.

Even though I'm 20 years old, the kids Loreal very berry shampoo and conditioner will always be my favourite! What happened to the old packaging though?

Step 4: Eat something, EVERYTHING

Sometimes I wake up literally not being able to stomach a thing, but when I start to feel hungry, I get REALLY hungry. I LOVE to snack on doritos and dip, I know that's a strange craving ahah, but my go to meal has to be sausage and mash. It's just such a home comfort and just restores my tummy with goodness!!


Feasting on Doritos and dip at my friend Katy's house and watching one of my fave chick flicks.

Not the best of quality picture, but hey ho, I'm a Uni student! I was pigging out on sausages, mash, with cheesy broccoli, whilst watching Gilmore Girls, nom nom nom.

Step 5: Get out and get some fresh air

I know you probably just wanna lie in bed watching Netflix (I know I love a bit of Gossip Girl or Gilmore Girls when I'm hanging hehe) and it sounds like the longest thing ever and probably the last thing you'd wanna do BUT it'll make ya feel sooo much better! Even if it's just a walk to the shop to get more hangover snacks! Recently our group have been going to our local swimming pool hungover and it's literally top notch! A sauna AND a steam room completely detoxing your body. I literally come out feeling as fresh as a daisy!

Here's a cheesy photo of me; quite clearly enjoying my hangover walk to Jesmond Dene (photo creds to Katy).

Anyway, I really hope these few steps will help you return back to happiness. What are your tips for hangovers?

Lots of love,

Alex

x

Comments

  1. Never had a hang over!! Though, I don't drink mind you, lol! But, great tips. Thank you for the comment & i do remember ;) If you want to follow each other on bloglovin let me know. Would be fun to see what you blog about :)) Lots of love to you too doll X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah sometimes I wish I didn't! Thanks for reading, and yeah sure I'll give you a follow now! 😘 X

      Delete
  2. Great post. After drinking alcohol hangover is the biggest problem. To avoid this the herbal hangover cure drink is a great option. Try this drink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha maybe I will try that next time! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can cure hangover by using Hangover Cure Drink, most all men are suffering from this problem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Choker Love

Hey Everyone! After settling back at sixth form, I came to notice the 'choker' craze going on. I suddenly saw so many girls wearing the same elasticated black choker around their necks. Despite the choker looking great on these girls, I wasn't particularly drawn to this 'edgy' look for me, therefore I was determined to find the perfect 'girly' choker. So I was having a casual browse around the jewellery stands in Topshop and such a pretty pearly cream flower choker with red/orange gem detail caught my eye... Initially, I thought they may clash with my hair, however I couldn't resist! It has definitely been my September stable and I will certainly be keeping an eye out for more. Cream Flower and Filigree Choker - Topshop £12.50 I love it! Speak soon, Alex x

The Important Lessons I've Learnt Through Learning to Drive

Hey Everyone! Before I begin this post, I would advise you to read my previous 'Learning to Drive: A Demoralizing Burden?' post to get an idea of how much of a 'demoralizing burden' that I thought driving really was. HOWEVER... After what has seemed like a very long roller coaster of a driving journey, I can finally say that I have passed my test, and it really is about blooming time too! Cheeky 'I've just passed my driving test' selfie with my lil' bro... Don't ask about the 'Despicable Me' keyrings... In fact, I tell a slight porky... I actually passed my driving test at the end of April... but driving around in lil' Pepper (mine and my sister's Peugeot 107) really has made me realise that it's when you've passed your test that you REALLY learn how to drive, therefore I thought I'd share my experiences with you all, Since being insured, I've had a couple of small bumps in the car which have scared t